• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What can I do Orange flash female eats eggs?

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Here's a pic of the 4 day old group. LOL I want all to know I have noticed that even in the wigglers stage. They are still showing signs of schooling. When I put them in the 10gal tank they where laying all over the bottom. Now this morning they are laying in a small packed group.
They have already starting to school. This is so cool to whatch.
100_1255.jpg

100_1254.jpg

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
I have a question? I know that the HP 3% fightes off the bad bactria in the hatching stage. But what about the good bacri thats needed to make the water liveable?
Has anyone every had the bactri base in the hatchery good bad from the PH 3%?
I'm not saying anything bad about the PH3% I'm just wondering. LOL I know it works I've just done it but I had a guy ask me that. So I have just been thanking about it. LOL

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hydrogen peroxide is harmful to all life, if it is in high enough concentration. At the concentrations that you are using, it works because it attacks (oxidizes) the first organics with which it comes into contact. This is usually the cell membrane of micro-organisms that are floating in the water & on the surface. Eggs have a shell that does not oxidize as quickly as bacteria, so they are not affected as strongly. The peroxide, in the concentrations that you use, probably breaks down well before (in seconds) it does too much damage to eggs & bacteria burried in the gravel/foam filter. If you raise the concentration high enough, you will dissolve the eggs, too.

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Now I know HUH? thanks mike I was worried about that because I'm going to be using it on a fry of Laetacara Curiceps will the eggs are still in there tank. So I didn't want to wipe out the batria base in that tank. Doing it.

mematrix

5 Year Member
Re to Post

:) Most excellent My fellow texas apisto man. I got two spawns of rotpunkts In my 20 gal with their perspective parents along with the previous artifically hatched batch they are pretty good size clutches about 25 or so each. I have got to figure out when and how to ship you your cruzii. They are doing good looks like at least 2 pr in the six still pretty young to sex but from behavior it is a good guess LOL.

Sincerely Curtis

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
Congrats Ranch on hatching out a nice sized brood :) LOL on the wigglers schooling....maybe the current from the airstone is blowing them in the same place?? Wigglers can't really control where they go :)

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
They were full free swimming in that picture and are still scholing ever where they go in the tank. I got the air stone turned back cause i was affraid it was pushing them around alot.
These little guys and gals are growing fast to. LOL I have another fry of 57 thats showing signes of wiggling this morning. Plus a fry of Crown tail bettas 150+ hatching last night and a fry of Laetacara Curviceps or flag acura 300+ eggs layed last night and moved to hatchery around 8:30pm central time 02-02-06. So I'm not fry poor now HUH?????

P.S. taking deposits on pairs of Orange flash now hint hint.LOL

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
Texas to Toronto won't work :( I'll just have to wait for my tirple reds to spawn again and pull their eggs. Last time the female was in such a small space the male couln't get in to fertalize them well and the spawn was a bust :( I removed the extra plant so he can fit in this time. They pick the strangest places sometimes!

Good luck with all those small fries on the way :) That will be sure to keep you busy with w/c and grow out tank hunting :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….