• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what are god plants to use in apisto tanks?

andros

5 Year Member
:)hi i was wondering what the best type of plants would be to use for an apisto breeding tank i want to fill my tanks with plants but not sure which ones i wish to use yet

if anyone can give me some advice that would be good

thanks
andrew

fishgeek

my most favourite would just be moss everywhere

easy to grow , supports great natral food for fry

safe to hide in if fish are being bullied

andrew

LyreTail

5 Year Member
I find hornwort to be a rather sensitive plant that does not do as well in acidic water. It is great for creating a quick growing fry hide a way, but I tend to remove hornwort once my java moss gets large enough to take it's place

laetacara1

5 Year Member
In addition to the plants mentioned above, I would recommend Mayaca fluviatilis. This plant grows extremely fast and will form dense thickets that give excellent shelter. It is also a plant that can tolerate tanks with rather low lighting (grows like a weed in 10 g w 15W normal fluorescent). Rotala rotundifolia is another stem plant that grows well in soft water acidic tanks but it isn't quite as lush as Mayaca and is a bit more finicky with regard to lighting and nutrients.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….