• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Problem with thread

Hmoobthor

I try emailing the staff, the adman.....and got nothing!

Without logging in, I can view the thread correctly!

meaning as the OP post would be #1 on top of the thread and count down.

Now if I log in, and try to view a thread, instead of showing the first post, I get the very last post on which the last user posted.

It is so weird..and yes I try almost everything...view thread tools...and all.

and no ..i didnt change a darn thing when i register on this website.

Tom C

5 Year Member
Have you, after having logging in, tried to:

Click the "Quick links" in the menu at the top.
Choose "Edit options"
Then scroll down a bit, you'll see something like the attached picture (your colors might be different)

Here the Tread Display Mode is set to "Linear - Oldest first".

Check if yours is set to "Linear - Newest First". If it is, just change it to what you want, and save the changes.

Good luck!

Attachments

• options2.jpg
    options2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 362

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes... you have the option to view the threads newest post first selected in you user options. Tom C's instructions should fix it.

Hmoobthor

Have you, after having logging in, tried to:

Click the "Quick links" in the menu at the top.
Choose "Edit options"
Then scroll down a bit, you'll see something like the attached picture (your colors might be different)

Here the Tread Display Mode is set to "Linear - Oldest first".

Check if yours is set to "Linear - Newest First". If it is, just change it to what you want, and save the changes.

Good luck!

I did check that out but it is set as default "Linear - Newest First".... Like i say..i didnt change a single thing when i register.

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
You could turn your screen upside down, then the old posts would be at the "top". :) j/k.

Here's some things that may help.

What browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc). Each browser interprets site code differently.

What version of the browser are you using (IE 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, etc). An older version may not interpret the site the same as a newer one.

Sometimes it helps to clear your cookies, or delete your cache, especially if you have viewed a site a lot in the past.

Try hitting "CTRL" and "F5" at the same time, that's a hard refresh and will bypass any prior settings on your computer.

Have you restarted your computer lately (I leave mine on for weeks at a time, so when I'm having troubles, that's the first thing I do).

Hmoobthor

You could turn your screen upside down, then the old posts would be at the "top". :) j/k.

Here's some things that may help.

What browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc). Each browser interprets site code differently.

What version of the browser are you using (IE 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, etc). An older version may not interpret the site the same as a newer one.

Sometimes it helps to clear your cookies, or delete your cache, especially if you have viewed a site a lot in the past.

Try hitting "CTRL" and "F5" at the same time, that's a hard refresh and will bypass any prior settings on your computer.

Have you restarted your computer lately (I leave mine on for weeks at a time, so when I'm having troubles, that's the first thing I do).

I have latest Firefox enable. I turn off my laptop every time I don't use it. Yes..delete all broswer, history ..etc..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….