• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. taeniatus offspring

krib

Here are a couple of pics of my P. taeniatus fry, at about 6 months old. I thought the parents were bot "moliwes" but it seems that the female is a nigerian red or a tank strain with nigarian red blood. Even though I am purist when it comes to hybridization and mixing natural color morphs, I kinda like the offpring from that pair. The yellow of a typical moliwe male is replaced with intense red. It was kind of a surprise.

ZpVYJnB.jpg

9Qnu2DS.jpg

viejo

5 Year Member
I like the looks also. Give it a new strain name & spread it around as an aquarium strain ;). It certainly beats the heck out of a EBJD :D..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….