• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. t. nyete pictures

Randall

5 Year Member
Pelv. taen. "Nyete"

Beautiful fish Ted. Thanks for sharing. Please take another one showing all of the caudal fin. I need one for my presentation.

Thanks!

Randall Kohn

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:) Randall... I have one of the male that shows the caudal fin real well, but he is angled away so you do not see the face real well. I will email it to you.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:?
The male of the pair has pushed the female off the fry and is caring for them solo. I have not seen this behavior before. This male did spend the better part of December and January in a net because he was so brutal. I have seen females push males off... but not the other way around. I think that I will pull the fry and raise them in an incubator.

Randall

5 Year Member
P. t. Rearing

Dear Ted,

Is artificially incubating your fry preferable to letting the male do it? Since the female has been given the boot, why not let the big brute assume the filial obligation that he has assumed?

Just an alternative perspective.

Good luck with your sweet bruiser.

Randall Kohn

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:? Part of my problem is that I do not have any free space for the female to go. If I incubate the fry, I can put bully-boy back in his net for a few weeks and then let them try again.

coenga

5 Year Member
tjudy said:
:D
FINALLY... I managed to get good pictures of one of my P. t. nyete pairs.

Hi,

Nice pics !!
The green overall coloration of your Nyete is very interesting for me. I had not seen this color on Pv taeniatus before. I had the chance to have the purple blue of Moliwe and now the orange brown of dehane. This specie complex is really incredible :D .

BTW, on the pics I saw that you had gross gravel for substrate, why this choice?.
I personnaly prefer fine gravel with a 2-3 mm granulometry because Pv taeniatus in my short experience is an omnivorous fish with a strong geophage behavior, loving to take mouthfull of sand, chew it and spit it away or backward through the gills. fine gravel allow that behavior and the fry find easily food in this substrate as I'm not able to manage bbs eclosion.

regards,

Colin

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)
That gravel is actuall Seachem's Flourite. That's the only tank I have where it is used exclusively as the gravel. I am working on the Anubias in that tank more than the fish. Normally I use a smaller gravel size as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….