• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie here - to Apistos anyway!

R

ruby2509

HI folks, I'm new here! Next year I ma planning to breed some Apistos, but for now I'll just keep them in my smallest tank, a 70L. I hope to learn lots!

My tanks:
70L Guppy (getting rid of the guppies and moving the glass catfish)
240L Community (with two recently bought Discus!)

Blair

apistoireland

5 Year Member
Hi Blair,
you should have no problem keeping most apisto species in a 70 l tank, however, breeding them in there is a different matter.
First of all you will probably have to remover the male from the tank or the female will do serius damage to him. Second, the young will need a tank to grow on and 70 l won't be big enough by a long shot.
I grow my young rams on in one of my 300 l dicus tanks. Works pretty well. They love the shrimp/mussle mix I feed my dicus and grow pretty fast.
Hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….