• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Tanks (update: Aug 07)

blueblue

5 Year Member
Thank you for your advice blueblue...I've learnt a lot from you :biggrin:

You're welcome. By the way, may you post some threads to show us your apistos? Moreover, how's the development of the hobby in singapore? I know a couple of hobbyists (Yorky, Dimas, Eugene, etc) while i haven't heard from them for quite a while...

illumnae

5 Year Member
Hi blueblue,

how do you do waterchanges for your racks? is it an automated piping system or do you still do it manually?

cacatuoides

5 Year Member
The apisto scene has been quite healthy in Singapore, new apisto keepers and with new shipments to boost the hobby...of cause, some dedicated hobbybist will even fly overseas to bring back their beloved apistos....

So far, there has been only one or two shops that sells average and good quality apistos, but nothing compared to HK and Japan...

blueblue

5 Year Member
The apisto scene has been quite healthy in Singapore, new apisto keepers and with new shipments to boost the hobby...of cause, some dedicated hobbybist will even fly overseas to bring back their beloved apistos....

So far, there has been only one or two shops that sells average and good quality apistos, but nothing compared to HK and Japan...

I see and i think the situation in Sing. is quite similar to 6 years ago's Hong Kong when the hobby started to fly up... :)

Genes

5 Year Member
Hi blueblue

Very neat setup that fully untilizes space within the room. :wink: Would love to see it if i get the chance to go HK again. It was a pity i couldn't chat with you longer when i was there.

It will be very difficult for Singapore to attain an apisto scene similiar to HK. Infact, i think its quite impossible because market is too small here. :biggrin:

When i spoke to Eric from Aquatic Plants Shop. He mentioned market in HK started booming after 1997 because of the big influx of China hobbist travelling to Tungchoi Street to buy aquarium products and fishes. This should coincide with why 6 years ago, HK apisto scene was like current Singapore scene.

Still, LFS in Singapore would sometimes bring in shipments of apistos. Of course, the specimens may not be as beautiful compared to HK.

Here are some pictures of apistos that appeared in Singapore recently.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/genes/macmasteri.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/genes/borelliiopal.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/genes/agassizii.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/genes/viejita.jpg

valice

5 Year Member
The trend here is still very much into very colourful and red fishes.
Not red, not nice. So, the market is still very young.

Moreover, not many people here can afford to have a fish room or a fish rack. :frown:

Oh, here are some other fishes which one of the LFS brought in recently.

trifasciata.jpg

elizabethae2.jpg

Nothing much to shout about really when compared to the ones available in Hong Kong (comparing with Gene's HK fishes).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….