• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MY NEW WC PANDURO MALES

Avid Outdoorsman

Thank you Mike. I ordered two pair. They were all sold as "display quality wild caught Panduro". The first two females that came in with them didn't make the trip. Two more were sent, but the seller has told me they can't say what the collection point was or give me any further details. I was told that the importers are very secretive about the collection sites? I have never come across this in the past. The females are very small at this point and not showing much in the way of markings as of yet. Would the females show the same markings?

Avid Outdoorsman

I now had time too look on Tom and Martins page. It appears that it will not show on the females. It sounded like they received all of them at the same time. I wish I had a better idea of what I had. If the female is an A 183 will the fry show the A 184 markings? I guess what I'm asking is would the fry definitively tell if the mother is an A 184? I would prefer to keep the forms separate if possible, but I don't know what my chances of finding what would be positively identified females A 184 are.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Unless the fish were all collected together, it's unlikely that anyone could distinguish which the females belong to which form. Now when they breed with your males and all their male offspring show a barred caudal pattern, then that's a pretty good indication that they are from the same general location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….