• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Keeping low pH

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
What about adding an alder cone in the cave with the spaghnum moss? Will that up the anti-fungal properties at the microhabitat level too?

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
One other thing I've noticed is that my meter can give quite different readings used IN the tank versus in a cup of water taken OUT of the tank. I guess electric fields from lights and pumps may be affecting it. So now I always scoop water out to test it.
I think this is possibly due to the larger gas exchange area of the water in the cup, compared to the tank. This could alter the CO2/O2 balance and effect pH.
What about adding an alder cone in the cave with the spaghnum moss? Will that up the anti-fungal properties at the microhabitat level too?
Almost certainly would, this is how a lot of Corydoras breeders use them with eggs and fry, as an alternative to methylene blue.

cheers Darrel

aarhud

5 Year Member
Wow,

Great advice on this forum. Good idea Ted, we will all have to try that method and spread the word!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….