• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help , A. Cacatoudies bacterial infection or?

Venom

My male A. Cacatoudies has something on his tail , could you help me identify what and how to cure it.
He is in community tank 200 litres , with other fish , all other fish are normal and doesnt have simptoms.
He is eating normally , swimming and even "dancing" with his two other females in the tank
I have samo not really professional photos so if you could guess what it could be id be very thankful .
Sorry for my bad language , cheets from Croatia !

73d66e68f229f4a282b9587723a93e6d.jpg

Poslano sa mog EVA-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

Venom

Here the best shot i can take with phone
f6cc4d1e4d536a4de8cb118e722b6d5f.jpg

gerald

5 Year Member
I'm guessing Lymphocystis, a virus similar to warts. If it's just on the fins it usually doesn't cause much trouble, but it can spread to other body parts where it is more damaging (eyes, mouth, anus, etc). Sometimes it just stays on one fish; sometimes it spreads to other fish. It's unpredictable, just like warts. Usually Lymphocystis is white, not pink, so this might be something else, maybe a tumor of some kind. Is he an old fish, more than 3 years old? He may still be OK for breeding, but I would move the eggs or fry to another tank in case it's something contagious. I doubt there's anything you can do to medicate it, especially not knowing what the cause is.

Venom

Fish is not old , maybe some 9-10 months , it looked like some small bubbles and one of them was bigger and i see today like that bubble explode .
I will try to shoot some pictures of better quality and if i can try to medicate with something , but i really dont know what is this so i cant medicate and guessing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….