• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello To The Group

Cookie Monster

Been in this hobby quite a long time, and have kept about everything at one time or the other. I currently have no tanks running, and have shut down my own forum due to lack of interest and participation. I thing honestly that Facebook and other such social media has about ruined a lot of the old forums i used to visit. But such is life i suppose, but i am not a Facebook type of guy, so i have been looking for a new forum home.. Love the Xenforo software, thats what i ran after i abandoned VBulletin. Anyway, i hope to be of some help here as time goes on, any questions ? let me know :) Thanks.

gerald

5 Year Member
I've been seeing the same trend and cant understand why folks are fleeing Forums in favor of Facebook, where nothing is organized or searchable. I guess FB fits better in a world of short attention spans where anything posted more than a week ago is irrelevant. Enough grumbling ... are you planning to set up some tanks again? what spp?

Cookie Monster

Ive dabbled in North American Natives in the past. I may set up a new planted tank in the Spring with some smaller native species such as your Avatar. :) I also enjoy the Bluespotted Sunfish.

Cookie Monster

I've been seeing the same trend and cant understand why folks are fleeing Forums in favor of Facebook, where nothing is organized or searchable. I guess FB fits better in a world of short attention spans where anything posted more than a week ago is irrelevant. Enough grumbling ... are you planning to set up some tanks again? what spp?

You are right i think. People need to slow down and smell the roses. Old sites like this are the backbone of our hobby, and need to be continued and maintained. Heck, you have made me decide to build a new site myself. If its slow it will just be slow, and i cant find one that is active enough to support more staff, and this point in my hobby, i enjoy the technical side of forums as much as talkin fishy. Thanks for the boost :)

abrooks12376

I feel like anyone who is seriously into keeping/breeding is on a forum. There are still a few quality/active ones out there.

Anders247

Welcome to the forum!
I agree with you, FB is rubbish compared to forums like this. On FB there doesn't even seem to be that great of info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….