• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hello, i'm new in these waters...

Y

yeljo

hello again,from croatia. help needed in identification of the fish. picture you can see in my avatar. sorry, not handy with sending photos yet. :confused: here in croatia most ofen answer was a. borreli. ? got 5pcs price symbolic... they are in 120l community tank vith blue neon, and copper tetras, corrydoras alb. aneus, and ancistrus... ID for start will do... :) thanks

yeljo

greetings from bjelovar

Y

yeljo

thanks Mike. can it be ap. cruzi?
:confused:
what about ap. juruensis?
:confused:
or ap. nanay/melgar?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
yeljo said:
thanks Mike. can it be ap. cruzi?:confused:

No, but it is closely related to A. cruzi. They are both in the same complex: eunotus-complex, cruzi-assemblage. It is often confused with A. cruzi, but the 2 are different. The easiest way for a beginner to separate them is by fin colors. True A. cruzi males have a 2-color tail - the upper part pale yellow & the bottom part pink-red. Male A. sp. Nanay have yellow pectoral fins.

what about ap. juruensis?:confused:

No A. juruensis is a member of the cacatuoides-complex. It looks very similar to A. cacatuoides.

or ap. nanay/melgar?

It seems that they match this species most closely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….