• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, from The Netherlands

TK27

Hello everyone,

I have always been an aquaruim and fish fan. My father infected me with this I guess. Im 25 years old. Recently got back into the hobby. I used to breed dwarf cichlids( apisto's and some african ones) and kept a community tank when I was younger, The breeding was from age 13/14 to 18, I got "my" first aquarium when I was 3 or 4. Next to my fathers 800L tank. Around 18 yo I stopped for some time. Didnt have much time for it, started college etc. been living with a roommate for 2 years now. ever since that I got to urge to start again, but I didnt have the money and time. i have been making some extra money with my internship, my father gave me an aquarium, so I couldnt resist starting again. I just wanted a community tank with some dwarf cichlid. I started out with three cacatuoides, one male, two female. Took 5 neon tetras, 5 glowlight tetras (in dutch they sound cooler lol, fire tetra:p), pair of swordtails, an assasin snail and I had 3 shrimp which I took from a friend, who wanted to get rid of them. I have them for almost 3 months now. one of the female cacatuoides died, but the other two are a great pair, its the third time they have fry. The swordtail also been having a lot of fry. My father decided to start a new tank, just for my fry to grow up. im not actively breeding but if i manage to catch some fry, they will go in there. Right now that contains about twenty swordtail fry and two cacatuoides fry. The first cacatuoides fry didnt survive for long, the second I only managed to catch two. The newest fry should be big enough in about a week or so. I will get back into breeding when Im done with college. I only have to finish my internship(in about 6 months), im lucky enough to have found a job at my internship after im done with college. I hope to learn some more about apistos, other dwarf cichlids and other fish here. If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

also, sorry for the long read, im unable to keep things short lol

Greetings,

TK27

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….