• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fertilizer

A

adam

does anyone know if fertilizers such as flourish excell will change my water parameters?
ive only got anubias , java moss and java fern in my tank.
will i notice a big difference in plant growth? :roll:
will it bother my fish in any way?
is it worth it?
ads. :)

aspen

5 Year Member
hi adam. no good fert will change your water parms. as for plant growth, that is dependant on the factor in least supply. adding fert can often perk things up nicely, but if you are not adding co2, be real spare. algae love fert too!

watch the ingredients on the packages. if there aren't any ingredients, put it back, and pick something else. all good general purpose ferts should have no phosphorous, no nitrogen, and should have potassium, iron, and a bunch of other minerals (trace elements). if these are not present, then it likely isn't good. seachem flourish tabs would be good, but i'm not sure using flourish would be good because you are adding N and P to the water- not a good idea unless you are using co2. (algae again).

good luck, rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….