• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apisto iniridae issue

trev12

i have a batch of apisto iniridae that is doing good in a 40 gal breeder tank but i noticed something not right with the batch. they babies now 3/4 inch had all clamped tails. other fins were fine but the tail were clamped. so spoke to graham at menagerie pet shop in toronto ontario canada and he said that the they could be stressed and to double check the water. so i checked and the ph was fine the temp was fine and no nitrate or ammonia either wich i new. but the culprit was the tds. it is 350-400 out of the tap and the tank read 750.... wow that s high. i do use that ecco complete and it is good for plants but not for the health of apisto fry. sent them to a 20 long and r/o water with some almond leaves and the ph is 7.5 the tds is 320 and ill get it down in the upcoming days. well that is that this morning the tails are normal and open and im happy again.
thanks for reading
trev

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….