• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto Elizabethae - how large?

MikeNYC

5 Year Member
Hey,

I am getting a shipment of wild caught Elizas next week. I have been waiting a long time for these. I currently have one female, who is only about 1.2 inches.

How large do the males get?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

blueblue

5 Year Member
MikeNYC said:
Hey,

I am getting a shipment of wild caught Elizas next week. I have been waiting a long time for these. I currently have one female, who is only about 1.2 inches.

How large do the males get?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Mike. Good to hear that you will get some wild caught eliza soon :)
For eliza's male, it can grow up to 8cm-9cm long, even though most of them are about 3.5cm-6cm long.

MikeNYC

5 Year Member
Hey,

Yes, they are from Sao Gabriel. I have ordered 2 pairs.

Very excited, and preparing a new tank for them. I will keep you updated on the progress with pics too.

-Mike

blueblue

5 Year Member
i see... Sao Gabriel... i have only got Mendezi from this location, but not Eliza.
Anyhow, looking forward to seeing the pictures of your Sao Gabriel Eliza :)

MikeNYC said:
Hey,

Yes, they are from Sao Gabriel. I have ordered 2 pairs.

Very excited, and preparing a new tank for them. I will keep you updated on the progress with pics too.

-Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….