• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A.cruzi or not....

blurami4

Hello to all.
Here I have a friend who keeps an Apistogramma species and we do not agree on the species in question. Him they were sold under the appellation A.cruzi but I have doubts about the case, for me it would be more A.sp.putumayo.

Here are some pictures to help identify this species.
Thank you to you ;)

_mg_2210.jpg

_mg_2211.jpg

_mg_2212.jpg

_mg_2213.jpg

_mg_2216.jpg

_mg_2310.jpg

Same fish but not the same photograph :D
2014-016.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Definitely not the true (holotype) A. cruzi. It looks more like A. sp. Putumayo (similar body shape and caudal spot). There are several closely related forms out there to Putumayo, but they are so far away for commercial collection sites that it's unlikely that it is one of these.

blurami4

Thank you very much Mike :)
For me as it looked more like the sp.putumayo.
According to the seller, who sold the couple originally my friend, it would be a wild pair collected by Tom C. but I have doubts about these claims.
In any case it remains a beautiful morph of putumayo ;)
I could post more photos later....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….