• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

your opinion : viejita or macmasteri

rafael

5 Year Member
Thank you very much Mike.

In effect, it feared me that by his characteristics it is looked like the A. macmasteri more than A. viejita but thus it is as it were on sale.
Mike Wise said:
I imagine that it really is a domestic form that was created by mixing several macmasteri-complex species together.
I am totally safe that thus it is. :wink:

Thank you very much Mike.

ernstvangenne

5 Year Member
Don't you have pictures of the female???
They have a black-stripe from their lipps till the end of the (anal)finns (what is the english word for the anaalvin):biggrin:
ernst

rafael

5 Year Member
Yes: a pair:

viejita2_2.jpg

An another pictures:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/barje/atlas_dr_pez/viejita2_3.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/barje/atlas_dr_pez/viejita2_4.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/barje/atlas_dr_pez/viejita2_5.jpg

Best regards,

Rafael.

Rolo

5 Year Member
ernstvangenne said:
Don't you have pictures of the female???
They have a black-stripe from their lipps till the end of the (anal)finns (what is the english word for the anaalvin):biggrin:
ernst

Hi Ernst,

This can be found in some older literature, but it is not correct.

For a long time, it was not clear, who the "real" A. viejita is.
Therefore some authors (e.g. Römer) perceived the species with that black-stripe as A. viejita. Linke/Staeck called it A. viejita III.

Meanwhile the identity of A. viejita is clear.
The species with that black-striped females is another species from the same complex. Koslowski call this species A. sp. "Schwarzkehl" (A-124).

regards,
Rolo

ernstvangenne

5 Year Member
Hallo Rolo,
Many thanks for you'r tip, My German reading is still a little bit ...:biggrin:
But maybe I can find it out by my self, in Februar I go to the LLanos, Colombia, fishing close to the Rio Casanare and Yopal.:rolleyes:
www.ernstvangenne.nl

ernstvangenne

5 Year Member
Back home, it was a little bit disapointing for Apistogramma, but I did find a kind off A. macmasteri close ro The Rio Pauto, South from Yopal. In the future you can read it... (sorry in dutch) on my site. One of the differents is that "my" A. macmasteri has red points from his head till the half of his body, I hope he comes with a box the coming week to Holland. :rolleyes:
But the pics. are international on my site:tongue:
The Panacques were easy to catch:biggrin:
www.ernstvangenne.nl
ernst van genne

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….