• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WTB: Apisto sp Wilhelmi/Abacaxis

wm_crash

New Member
5 Year Member
Messages
13
Location
Delaware, USA
Hi,

I am looking to buy some Apisto sp. Wilhelmi. I had it in the past, distributed it, the quit fish for a while. Now I can no longer find it - lesson learned. Any stock or leads would be appreciated.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan
 

wm_crash

New Member
5 Year Member
Messages
13
Location
Delaware, USA
Thanks for letting me know. I am in Wilmington, Delaware (just updated profile too). I don't expect to find anything local though :)

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan
 

aquaticclarity

Moderator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Messages
1,808
Location
Richfield, WI
I have 2 wild caught males but no girls! That MIGHT be changing next week though.

When did you have some? It's not a fish often seen in the US.
 

wm_crash

New Member
5 Year Member
Messages
13
Location
Delaware, USA
I believe it was 2007 or 2008. They had babies to no end, a new spawn every week. Here's the lady with her first brood underneath. I had two pairs originally from cichlids.net. Around that time, there was a temporary spike in the availability of otherwise rare apistos like diplotaenia and uaupesi.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

DSC01521.jpg
 

wethumbs

Active Member
5 Year Member
Messages
476
Jeff...thought your shipment is coming in from Peru. You got a Brazil shipment inbound too?
 

aquaticclarity

Moderator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Messages
1,808
Location
Richfield, WI
Well...yes, I have one box from Brazil coming but not with sp. wilhelmi in it! The only Apisto. in there is A. uaupesi. The sp. wilhelmi came in last fall mixed with sp. Tefe. They were young fish and I sold a bunch to a local guy (who has since moved to California) and once the fish grew up we noticed he got both species. I only had 2 male sp. wilhelmi in my small group but he has several females. He's back in town next week so hopefully I can get one or more of the females from him.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
18,792
Messages
125,197
Members
13,675
Latest member
Phap

Latest profile posts

Re-designing and starting a new fish room all over again. This time we'll have many more Apistsogramma species. We are expanding.
dimandobson wrote on Arnold's profile.
hi
dimandobson wrote on Ben Bergman's profile.
Hi Bergman. I have a pair of breeding dwarf cichlid for sale. if you are still looking, drop me your whatsapp number and i will send some videos to your whatsapp
martin_c wrote on illumnae's profile.
Hi,

just in case you happen to live in Germany (or Netherlands): I have a wildcaught female A. psammophila, you could have it for free. I have no use for it anymore.

BR
Martin
Top