• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Will they live together?

77railer

5 Year Member
Hey gang,

Looking at consolidating a bit. Wanting to house the following in a planted
55g.

Pair of Laetacara Dorsiger
1-2 Pair of Golden Rams
1 Pair Apistogramma Agassazzi
1 Pair Pelvicachromis (may not include these)
3-4 Discus
Several dither fish

Filtration will be sponge rated for a 75G and 50% weekly water changes.

Think everyone will play nice...

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
IMHO that's too many cichlids for a tank that size. I'd look at two pairs maximum really. If you squeeze a 3rd pair in then the least territorial species will get squeezed out.
Also I believe discus are best in larger groups of about 6 or they can pick on the smaller individuals. Unless you buy a bonded pair.

Evan

5 Year Member
I think the rams, the discus and the pair of apistos would work. I think you are pushing it to add the laetacara and the kribs too that.

Brant

5 Year Member
What age are you putting them in your tank? If they are really young they are more likely to work.

Mud Pie Mama

5 Year Member
While most sources list the Laetacaras as being one of the more peaceful dwarf cichlids; my own experience has been quite the opposite. They are okay when juveniles. However once they start to reach spawning size they are nasty buggers. I've had tons of trouble with them inflicting plenty of bitting wounds. I now recommend solitary confinement for them, keeping a single pair as the only cichlids in a tank.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….