• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

which, how many and what?

crane

5 Year Member
I am getting a 33g long, almost 4 ft long. I want an apisto based community tank what dither fish are recommended and I have two unpaired but m/f Bolivians could I put them in the 33g? Are cories okay?

bigbird

5 Year Member
Morning,

This will be a personal choice and you should get various responses.
Make sure in your final fish choice, that you have sufficient fish in the middle and upper and also lower range of the tank. The other issue is if you wish to breed the apisto, as this will limit your dither fish.
1. For dither fish, a lot of people use pencil fish, mountains clouds and various tetras. Be careful as tetras are very good fry hunters.
2. For bottom dwellers, cory are fine, but remember they are a group fish and might compete with living space for apistos and bolivians.
3. You can put the bolivians in the 4ft tank
4. If you also take apistos my personal choice is 1mmale and 2-3 females.
Please however ensure that you have plenty of hidding places, caves, driftwood and various line of sight for all fish concerned.
5. For algae eaters many prefer the otos, they also do not harm the apistos or other fish.

hope this helps for the start and keep us informed.
cheer jk :biggrin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….