• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What combination would this make?

wtusa1783

Breeding apistos for profit is generally ... well, unprofitable. Otherwise commercial fish farms would be doing it more.
I’m not trying to make a profit. They will give me half the selling price in store credit. I’ve sold to them before.

yukondog

5 Year Member
I do the same, I get store credit, I just let it build up till they get what I want or I can use it for anything else I need, but with that being said I have overwhelmed my LPS with apisto's that aren't selling that well, if you have a good breeding pair you can get covered up in fry pretty quick.

wtusa1783

I do the same, I get store credit, I just let it build up till they get what I want or I can use it for anything else I need, but with that being said I have overwhelmed my LPS with apisto's that aren't selling that well, if you have a good breeding pair you can get covered up in fry pretty quick.
Ok. I have at least 3 stores I could easily sell to. My lfs had to get them imported from Europe. I don’t think I’ll have a problem getting rid of them

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I do the same, I get store credit, I just let it build up till they get what I want
I usually buy stupid things like sand with my credit. It is heavy so it isn't any cheaper to buy via the web once you've factored in p&p.

cheers Darrel

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Ok. I have at least 3 stores I could easily sell to. My lfs had to get them imported from Europe. I don’t think I’ll have a problem getting rid of them
It would be great if you could. I wish you luck, tell us how you get on.

cheers Darrel

Kev777

I really want to. Perhaps when I get a first spawn I will try and hatch some. I usually just crush up flakes. I will leave the babies for a week or so and they can graze on some micro organisms. I will be starting a new tank for my next pair. It will of course have a cycled sponge filter and some media in a hob filter.
HI there, why don't you try hatching BBS so long in prep for your fry that are coming. You can feed all your fish with it in any case. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….