• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What A Difference Dither Fish Make

libasci

5 Year Member
I have a 12 gallon Nano Cube with a pair of Viejita's and a pair of Yellow Caucotodies. I went on a long vacation (4 weeks) during the vacation the pair of Neons I had in there as a diether fish passed away. I had an auto feeder and had someone come by to add RO water. Well needless to say every since I came back the big boy viejita has been hiding looking dark just unhappy or sick. Always chasing the female who he use to be buddy buddy with.

Well that has been like that for over two months. Well this week I received a new order of apistos and had to do some shuffling and pulled two pencil fish out of another tank and placed them in the tank with the Viejita's.

Well the boy Viejita has been cruising around the center of the tank his color is at least two shades lighter. Has become the social butter fly of the tank again - although he is still the toughy.

Just goes to show you how the total environment including tank mates can effect a fish.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvashave

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….