• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

water changes

scott

5 Year Member
this issue has never come up before but now that i'm working 2nd shift i have been doing alot of water changes at night when i get home. i never gave it much thought until now but would it be less stressful on the fish to leave the tank lights off and work by the ambient light in the room or should i turn the lightsback on to do the water changes. honestly i don't know if it makes much difference but i sure as hell hate it when my wife comes in the bedroom and turns on all the lights while i'm sleeping.

scott

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Have you thought about changing your fish's light schedule to match your own? There nothing wrong in having the light go on at, say 8 pm & off sometime before sunrise. Unless you get a lot of daylight, it won't affect your fish that much.

scott

5 Year Member
thanks mike. that's so simple that i never thought of it. as i have it now they come on at noon and go off around 10pm. my fish room has no windows so daylight isn't an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….