• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wanted: Apisto Tank Pictures

Crazygar

5 Year Member
I am considering on turning my 55GAL community (being torn down in 2 months) into an Apisto tank. What I have been looking for are pictures of other people's Apisto tanks and how they are setup.

Anyway pics would be appriciated. I'd rather see the tank in whole to see what kind of "environment" they have.

Gary

Crazygar

5 Year Member
Neat stuff, thanks Andrew. I like the first tank with the sloping substrate! That must be hard to maintain with their activity level. Definately enjoy the large amount of plants as well. Its pretty dense in some areas. They must love it in there.

I am trying my hand at A.borelli as well shortly. Nice DENSELY planted tank where even I think I could get lost. Keep'em coming!

Gary

Crazygar

5 Year Member
I honestly enjoyed the "Green" Clay Pots. I know that this is algae and it does look quite nice and natural (as if those pots have been there for a VERY long time) in its own unique way.

The "clay pots" that I am using for my project, I went a step further and covered them in silicone with a cheapo paintbrush, and buried them in the substrate. I picked it up out of the substrate 2 days later, brushed the excess of and instant natural caves. I went one step further and covered the opening of the pot with silicone as well so you can barely see it.

As usual, its nice to see nice dense planted tanks.

Gary

Crazygar

5 Year Member
Great pics, but the translation for English is "NOT AVAILABLE?". I would love to read what you have there, as a 30L tank is close (7GAL) to what I own. Will do more browsing to see if I can pick up on some details.

Gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garavar

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….