• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Video of Pelvicachromis

wethumbs

5 Year Member
nice video

How is that 'round burrito' cave working out? I am still using the 'Rino' caves that I got back in '94. While they have no issue spawning in there, it is abit too small for Pelvicachromis. The male usually waits outside while the female is laying eggs in there. He would only go inside to fertile them from time to time before leaving to make room for the female to move around. The drawback is I accidently spooked the male once during spawning while he was waiting outside and I got only 7 frys from that spawn (typical is around 20).

Also, how long do you leave the frys with the parents? Looking at the video, those frys are around 3 weeks old (from free swimmers). I have removed them as early as 2 weeks to as late as 6 weeks.

wethumbs

5 Year Member
on a separate note...

How is the ACA 2010 convention coming along? Would you be giving tours of your fishroom?

I am planning to go to the 2010 convention. Last time I was there, it was in San Jose.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Those fry are about 3 weeks old. If I were trying to save a lto of them I would have removed them after a week. I have two other clutches growing out, however, and need no more.

ACA 2010 is coming along. Registration will open online next week: www.aca2010.com.

My home is an hour from the convention site. I will be a bit too busy at the event to host tours that week... sorry. Depending upon how early you arrive or how late you stay we can probably work something out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….