• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vendor,member,buy & sell feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProAquatics

5 Year Member
is this able to start,
like ebay ratings for the seller and buyer.
so we know who is worthy of purchases and what not?
was just a thought,you can close if not able to be done or not significant.

matt

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
I think we should wait til Ted is back before we get into this. However, people's opinions on having a feedback section would be appropriate and welcome.

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
I agree with Lisa's thoughts about waiting a bit, but remember that, unlike well-known auction sites, the only people with sections on here are people Ted has allowed and I believe has known before.

Unless you're talking about just sellers in general rather than the ones who have sections here?

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
In general I like the idea, but I've heard of cases where the forum itself gets sued for slander and the like and I don't think Ted wants to be responsible for anything like that.

red

5 Year Member
I think people that sell things on here should be held accountable.

I used this forum to find someone to buy from, and the transaction was a complete disaster.

I would very much like to be able to let people know how my experience went, so they don't get stuck ordering from the same crook I did.

Bev N

Apisto Club
5 Year Member
As a sponsor I personally would not have a problem with it. Where is could be a headache for Ted is if there are times when a person is getting unwarranted negative feedback. Then it might get sticky.

While I understand Red wanting to warn others I'm not sure this is something that would be easy for Ted to manage. I do think that if you've had a negative experience with a sponsor here and it cannot be resolved you should inform Ted. He can then keep track of complaints and remove a sponsor if he feels they are not keeping to the standards he expects from the vendors here.

red

5 Year Member
I definitely don't think this guy should be associated with the site.. Makes the site look bad having people like him representing it.

Anyone can feel free to PM me if they'd like to know who it is.

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
I visit this forum to interact with knowledgable fellow hobbyists in a friendly tone. I'm afraid that, if Ted opens the forum up to dissolving sales disputes, we might run into the risk of slipping into a hostile tone to resolve sales disputes. I agree with Bev that any complaints should be sent by PM or email to Ted who can then decide on a course of action.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hello Everyone,

One the the things that has made apistogramma.com a special forum is that we have done a good job of not having flame wars. Red, as I stated in the PM's we have sent each other I am sorry that you had a negative interaction with one of the sellers here. You are welcome to post in that seller's section, but as I mentioned the sellers have moderation control over their sections. Though it is possible that the seller would delete your post there, I suspect that he would probably take the opportunity to fill in both sides of the story, whatever that may be. I have not spoken with him about the issue, but I will. I have been away...

I do not like the idea of a feedback area for sellers. I have rarely bought fish from a seller and been 100% satisfied with every aspect of the transaction. Shipping fish is not an easy thing to do. Unfortunately, most people would use the forum to vent anger rather than resolve an issue. At the same time I do not want the site to get a reputation for promoting bad sellers... which is why I have been picky about sellers. I turn many away.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
OK... Subject Closed.

There is a system in place to make complaints about a seller on this forum, and that is to post it in the seller's forum area. Yes, a seller has moderation control over their space, but it is not in their best interest to delete/ignore complaints. A well-worded description of the experience, without personal attacks, will most likely get an equally polite response. Buyer/seller issues are never one sided, so buyers be prepared to hear the seller's side of the story. Complaints cut two ways. While a seller does not want to be labeled a bad supplier of fish, a buyer does not want to be labeled a difficult buyer. If everyone remembers that then the discussions will remain civil... and in the seller's forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….