• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sudden death, lost 2 Rams 2 more look bad, Help please!

Drakken

5 Year Member
farm41 said:
How are your fish doing now Drakken? Haven't heard from you in a few days.

Sorry to say but they are all gone.

I talked to a senior person at my LFS and she and I realized that the person who sold them to me missed and important part...pH. I told the assistant what my pH was but she didn't know that the Rams were in 6.5pH. My tank is at 7.5 and I only did a drip from the tank for 20 minutes. If I knew I would have brought my tank down a little and acclimated the Rams better. My mistake.

My Apisto is still very happy along with his tankmates.

Thanks for asking.

Keith (aka Drakken)

farm41

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that Keith. I sure hope that doesn't discourage you from keeping Rams. I just love the little fish. I hope you have a chance to get some of exellent quality too.

Drakken

5 Year Member
farm41 said:
Sorry to hear that Keith. I sure hope that doesn't discourage you from keeping Rams. I just love the little fish. I hope you have a chance to get some of exellent quality too.

Thanks.

They are beautiful fish. I plan to get Rams again but I will be sure to set the tank up right before they go in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….