• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Successful spawnings!

DH247

5 Year Member
Pics and params to come soon...

1.5 weeks ago I had a wild Aggie Flamenco male spawn with a tank raised female. Now there's about 30 fry that are free swimming. I already have them going on BBS... Hopefully I get a good survival rate

And today I found my Bitae's have spawned! Maybe about 30 red eggs with white tips... Is that normal? I know my pH is a little off so hopefully they are viable... I guess time will tell! These are both wild caught...

Had to share! Thanks!

Hassles

5 Year Member
A.bitaeniata Eggs Discovered

Pics and params to come soon...

1.5 weeks ago I had a wild Aggie Flamenco male spawn with a tank raised female. Now there's about 30 fry that are free swimming. I already have them going on BBS... Hopefully I get a good survival rate

And today I found my Bitae's have spawned! Maybe about 30 red eggs with white tips... Is that normal? I know my pH is a little off so hopefully they are viable... I guess time will tell! These are both wild caught...

Had to share! Thanks!

By bitae's may I presume A.bitaeniata ? I ask as I myself discovered the eggs of my A.bitaeniata a couple of hours ago. Like yourself my PH ain't spot on. I had slowly been conditioning the tank to bring the PH below neutral (its hovering just above this) so my fingers are well and truly crossed as they say. Wish me luck and I wish you luck. I ain't sure why but I am probably more excited by this than any spawning of these past few months - could be that dad's so incredibly gorgeous

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….