• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stores in Germany that has a lot of dwarfcichlids

Fisherking

5 Year Member
The topic says it all:)
I am probebly going to germany this sommer and I am locking for some rare dwarfs.

-Dicrossus sp tapajos
-apistogramma paucisquamis, miua, fresa, high fin panduro
-Biotoecus sp
- and some more

Does anybody where to get them??

Randall

5 Year Member
Dwarf Cichlids in Germany

Dear Fisherking,

I'm not familiar with individual retail shops in Germany, but perhaps Alf Stalsberg is. If you would like it, please contact me privately for his email address.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Fisherking dude> if yo go to retail stores in Germany you will pay a lot. Some home and garden centers have a surprisingly nice selection of fish and of course any you see will be of better quality. There are pet stores all over the place--just look for signs that say zoo--or zierfishe---of all those sp you list the only one yo uwill see in a store is panduro-the rest you need to find collectors or importers

P.W.

5 Year Member
Hi

Why not try to visit "Aquarium Glaser gmbh". I suppose they are the no.1 apisto wholesaler in Germany.
I think that you can buy fishes there, even tough you are a private person. (I have heard of people who have done that)

Here´s their homepage:

http://www.aquariumglaser.de/indexeng.htm

Good luck!

Best regards/ Per

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
To my knowledge, Glaser's doesnt sell to the public, only to dealers. Every time I have been there I have never seen private persons just walk in. Glaser's is kind of security concious too, I had to get permission to take pics.

Fisherking

5 Year Member
Glaser had been nice to visit, but I dont think they would let me in:(
are there any german dwarf cichlid clubs on the net?

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi,

Aquarium Glaser don't sell to private customers, only to wholesalers.
...forget it ;-)

In "normal' shops it would be hard to find these species... or it's nearly impossible ;-)

The only chance is to contact private breeders.
Where in germany do you want to go??? I know two big breeders in east germany, who maybe could have most of the fishes on your list. (except Biotecus... I don't think, they have them.)

You also can try to contact the AKZ, a german dwarf cichlid association. See http://www.vda-online.de/arbeitsk/Zwergcichliden.htm

greetings,
Rolo

Fisherking

5 Year Member
The whole purpose of this trip is to get some dwarf cichlids that I cant get in Norway(only rams and caca...)In other words, any where they got them, but as close to the border of Denmark as possibel.

Rolo

5 Year Member
Fisherking said:
In other words, any where they got them, but as close to the border of Denmark as possibel.

Well... east germany is NOT close to the border of Denmark ;-)
Unfortunately I do not know any breeders or people, who could know in the "high north"

I could give you Harlekins (Highfin Panduro), I'm not that exorbitant far away from the border but in wrong direction on your way to the east ;-)

...try to contact the AKZ, seems to me to be the best.

greetings,
Rolo

Rolo

5 Year Member
apistodave said:
Rollo who do you know in the east--Frank Wilhelm? I know a few people in Bielefeld.
Of course, Frank Wilhelm and Uwe Müller. Last time, I went to Frank, he had most of the species, Fisherking is searching for (but it's a while ago).

Bielefeld.... okay... let me guess who ;-)
I also know someone in Kamen, near Gelsenkirchen ;-) ...but that's far in the west, not closer to the danish border
..and some "smaller" breeders here near me.

greetings,
Rolo

mervin

5 Year Member
[/quote]
Of course, Frank Wilhelm and Uwe Müller. [/quote]

hi Rolo,
does these 2 chaps have a website ??

thanks
mervin

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
I know them both Rollo--I go to see Frank every time I go there. His son is collecting for him now and lives in Brasil.Frank has wonderfull fish and if there is a way to make it Red he can do it! I have gone to a few AKZ conferences in that little resort in the mountains near him. Bielefeld is my partner Uwe Romer of course, he is the reason I can go into Glaser's and buy fish when I am there. I am going back in Sept so if anyone has any requests I will look while I am there. Fredrich Bitter is also in western Germany but I am not sure where and he is really difficult to get in to see.

I know Frank does not have web site--he doesnt even have a computer

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi Dave,

Yes, Frank is "retiring", Mario and also his daughter Nadja now do it.
I will go to Uwe Müller after the next AKZ meeting in June. Will yo be there too this year?

Friedrich Bitter has meanwhile only invertebrates left, as I heard.

@Mervin:
The Wilhelms wanted to buy a computer an then we intend a cooperation with them on our homepage, where we want to install a stocklist and a contact adress. ...but that's not happened so far.
Uwe don't have a homepage either, as far as I know.

greetings,
Rolo

mervin

5 Year Member
thanks Rolo.

anyway, i have managed to obtain 3 pairs of Welhemis and was wondering if you can tell me more abt these fellas.

search the web but i couldn't find any info on them.

thanks
mervin

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi Mervin,

I have A. sp. "Wilhelmi" (with "i", the name is dedicated to Mario Wilhelm who collected them), but I have only a female left and there are no males to get here at the moment.
But I had never spawned them. They breeded several times but always nothing hatched and then the male died.

greetings,
Rolo

mervin

5 Year Member
ops...sorry for that spelling error.

they are very rare in SIngapore. A shop here was selling it for US$100 per fish.

bought mine from Hong Kong for abt US$40 per pair.

then recently a local farm managed to order it and was retailing it for US$7 !!!!!

hahaha !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….