• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stocking suggestions for 29 gallon heavily planted tank

M0oN

5 Year Member
I'm in the process of setting up my first heavily planted co2 injected tank.

I currently have the following:
2 praecox rainbow
3 aenus cory cats
2 davidsansi cory cats
2 panda cory cats
1 gold nugget plecostomas
2 otto's

I'm looking to fill it out with either apistogramma borelli or blue ram and I'm wondering what a good amount of fish would be?

Any suggestions of other apistogramma types is welcome too.

Thanks,
Jason

Neil

Those are 2 good species, but it is important to know the size of the tank (and water values) before making suggestions of amounts or any other species.

Neil

M0oN

5 Year Member
Well as I said it'll be a 29 gallon bow front tank.

I can pretty much alter the pH to whatever I decide since it's co2 injection, but I'm guessing that between 6.5-7.2 would be the most comfortable range to leave enough oxygen for the fish.

The water value's as far as everything else are RO mixed with tap, so the gH is likely to be around 7.

Neil

Oops :oops:, I guess I should have looked at the title of the post! You have already decided on Panduro, so that is that. Good luck with them.

Neil

M0oN

5 Year Member
Thanks Neil, I'll post the results when they arrive, a few months from now probably...here's the stocking list as a whole:
3 SAE's
4 oto's
1 skunk botia
1 upside down catfish
5 cory cats
6 praecox rainbow
3 hatchetfish
1 twig catfish
and however many apisto's will coincide in the tank, I'll make adjustments as necessary and keep a journal to help better understand their behavior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….