• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Steatocranus casuarius spawn! Hurray for me!

bassic

5 Year Member
Hello everyone!

My Steatocranus casuarius just spawned! Just yesterday, I noticed the female has a very evident ovipositor and then this morning, I checked on them, and she's guarding a clutch of eggs! It's very exciting...I've been trying to get these fish to spawn for quite some time now. Mother seems to be doing well and the male constantly patrols the area and chases away other fishies.

I will try to keep you posted with photos...stay tuned.:)

From far away in Ft Worth-land,
-duc.

P.S. I could only take so many photos...didn't want to freak out the mom fish...Hope you enjoy...and any feedback would be much appreciated.

Mom with eggs:
steat_spawn_4_22_07B.jpg

Another pic of eggs:
steat_spawn_4_22_07a.jpg

bassic

5 Year Member
thank you

Hi and thank you. I was researching and fell on your forum.

I am planning on keeping a photo journal and will hopefully post more pics of the spawn soon.:)

Right now, the mom is still guarding the cave and the male just kinda hangs out nearby and chases away any fish that swims by too close.

Thank you again,
-duc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….