• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Small styrofoam shipping boxes

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I just shipped out my favorite styrofoam/styrene shipping box today. It has walls that are 1½"/3.8 cm thick and the interior is approximately 8x6x9"/25x15x28cm. I find this the perfect size to ship 6 - 12 fish in individual breather bags. I would like to find similar boxes. I found a place where I can buy new boxes, but the price is about $40/4 styro boxes with cardboard outer shipping boxes. I know that I can build my own, but it's messy and a hassle, not to mention time consuming. Can anyone suggest a place to find/buy such boxes in the US for less?

jmtrops

5 Year Member
I was getting some good ones in florida before I moved. They had 4 different sizes and were 2" thick, $5-$6 each with cardboard. I doubt it's worth shipping them.

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Hi Mike:

I'm running a lab at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, which supplies me with lots of great boxes for free. (Many of the reagents we use require shipping with ice blocks or dry ice.) If you have a university or biomedical research institution nearby, I suggest you stop by the receiving center. I'm sure they give you all the boxes that you'll ever need for free.

Janos

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I get mine from a hospital pharmacy for free. They just throw them out other wise so they are happy to give them to me. 6-8 a week most weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….