• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sick hongsloi

Dwarf_Dude

5 Year Member
Hey guys
my A.hongsloi was found at the top of the tank today, breathing(not too heavily) and was just staying there
i even picked it up with my hands
i moved it to a hospital tank where it sank to the bottom doing the same thing,
aything i can treat it with?

the other fish in the main tank it was in are fine. even the neons. so i know its not a water problem
Help would be greatly apreciated

DD

fishgeek

dwarfs are more prone to water quality issue's and definetly more sensitive to nitrite toxicty
hanging listless at the surface maybe seen with water quality and rather than just excluding it i would check your water and even if not showing abnormalities do a 25% water change from a good quality source

the signs you have given are vague and non specific is there anymore you can say , what is the fishes respiration rate, are the operculum flaring, what do the feaces look like is he still eating, are there any visible wounds evident or any physical spots, nodules etc you can see

if you have respiratory problems then supportive salt at 2-3grams per litre may help remove some mucous and ease any NH3/NO2 respiratory toxicties

andrew

Dwarf_Dude

5 Year Member
i checked the water and nothing was wrong :frown:

all other fish are fine

i went to go check how he was, then i saw he had developed pop eye on one side.
i thought pop eye was caused by bad water, so i took the water to the lfs to get it checked and they said it was fine.

i came back and he was dead :(

DD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noiz

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….