• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sexing Cacatuiods

Cichlid Junkie

5 Year Member
I got these cacatuoides, double reds, from my LFS as juvies. I cant tell for sure, but I think this one is a female.

t-8469.jpg

This one I'm almost positive is a male.

t-79209.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy pics. I'm just getting into taking/posting pictures. For that matter I just got into Cichlids and are they addictive, hence the name (curtiousy of my wife)! :D Thanks for your help.

Cichlid Junkie

5 Year Member
It's funny you mention that. My wife and I were just discusing their difference last night. The "double reds" look more orange to me more than anything.
I might see if I switch them out through my LFS. They are not real knowledgeable on apistogramma's. I should have payed the extra money for shipping and order them from an on line breeder.

cootwarm

5 Year Member
When I spawned my Orange Flash cacs, I ended up with just as many double red and triple red young as I did orange flash. I think this is typical.

Michael

litesky

5 Year Member
Man you're lucky to go back to your lfs so that you can chose a cac that you want. Here in southern california, it's sooooo hard just to find one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….