• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help with filter

M

Marsha4524

Please help! We bought a 55 gal aquarium with fish. It has an undergravel filter and an outside Emperor Bio-Wheel filter.
We want to get rid of the undergravel filter and replace the other one with a quieter one that will keep the tank clean, but easy to maintain.

What do you suggest?

Marsha

Randall

5 Year Member
Filters

Hello Marsha,

For 55-gallon tanks, I'm partial to canister filters: They do a good job and are easy to maintain. Depending on what brands are available in your area, you might look into Eheim (more expensive), Fluval (moderately expensive), ViaAqua, and Jebo (less expensive). I've used all four brands and all do a good job. The main difference between them is price.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
I agree with Randall.

Go with a good canister filter. Eheim are a good choice, but expensive. Well worth it in my opinion.

There might be some brands with less known names that look exactly like Eheim. Also worth it, with a much lower price tag!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….