• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Paired Male Blue Ram died from wound/sore?

C

casadeskunk_m

Guest
A couple days ago I found my paired male with what appeared to be a wound on his right flank. Based on the way the non-paired ram and the male fought I figured it was a battle scar. Came home last night and he was up at the surface breathing heavily, then after dinner he was at the bottom again, breathing heavily and had lost his bouyancy. Decided the most humane thing was to put him down.

Was hoping that I might get some ideas on what this might be.
<can't figure out how to attach the photo, so here is a link, hope it is not against forum rules>

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/fish/31745-lost-my-alpha-blue-ram-male.html
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
18,792
Messages
125,189
Members
13,675
Latest member
Phap

Latest profile posts

Re-designing and starting a new fish room all over again. This time we'll have many more Apistsogramma species. We are expanding.
dimandobson wrote on Arnold's profile.
hi
dimandobson wrote on Ben Bergman's profile.
Hi Bergman. I have a pair of breeding dwarf cichlid for sale. if you are still looking, drop me your whatsapp number and i will send some videos to your whatsapp
martin_c wrote on illumnae's profile.
Hi,

just in case you happen to live in Germany (or Netherlands): I have a wildcaught female A. psammophila, you could have it for free. I have no use for it anymore.

BR
Martin
Top