• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ozone

fishgeek

Have taken another look at this
does anyone have any new idea's on the use of ozone in freshwater systems i re-read thsi thread of blue's

have been thinking about the possibilty of allowig ozone to bubble through a counter current flow of water , basically the water flow to a sump tank in the hope that this acts as a reactor in which ozone levels may be effective at reducing water borne organisms

second think that peeked my interst again was the ORP theory on reduced algal growth and my sun exposed tank's, please dont just suggests moving them out of the sun

Has anyone, especilly blue had any freswater experience with ozone

andrew

blueblue

5 Year Member
Essentially, i guess the use of ozone has been proven to be quite effective by many hobbyists in the local apisto community in Hong Kong. There're some reported "miracles" such as healing the hole-in-the-head disease and even FishTB!!

For me, my current belief is that, it could help to oxidize (and hence reduce the amount of) pollutants such as nitrates which are toxic to fish. In addition, the oxygen level will rise and the fish will be a bit stronger...

As a remark, one proposed method of using ozone for treating
sick apistos is:
1. Exchange 1/3 of the water in the tank.
2. Switch on the standard ozone machine (i one i posted)
for 15- 30 minutes with the fish inside the tank.
3. Add medicine for treatment.
4. Repeat the step everyday.

fishgeek said:
Have taken another look at this
does anyone have any new idea's on the use of ozone in freshwater systems i re-read thsi thread of blue's

have been thinking about the possibilty of allowig ozone to bubble through a counter current flow of water , basically the water flow to a sump tank in the hope that this acts as a reactor in which ozone levels may be effective at reducing water borne organisms

second think that peeked my interst again was the ORP theory on reduced algal growth and my sun exposed tank's, please dont just suggests moving them out of the sun

Has anyone, especilly blue had any freswater experience with ozone

andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bijouxcailloux

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….