• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

orange rams?????

J

jcmrock

i was at the local pet store and i noticed that they had what looked like orange bolivian rams...i was wondering if they were dyed of if this is some kind of crossbread color morph.....of course this same store has painted glass fish and parrot cichlids so im guessing its dye

J

jcmrock

like you can see what my swordtail looks like :)
they are orange like...well an orange

Jayhawk

5 Year Member
That's pretty orange...unusually so. Maybe one of the big guns around here has seen these before, but I'm suspicious that you're correct & they're a dye job.

Eric

Apisto Mike

5 Year Member
Then it sounds most definitely like a dyed fish. If that is the case, then this hobby is being degradeing more in the wholesale end of it, which is a sad thing.

Z Man

5 Year Member
I have never seen orange Altispinosa (Bolivian Rams) but look up on Google "images" for Orange Chromide and see if they are similar. You said they "looked like" Bolivians. Just trying to help.

J

jcmrock

thanks for all the info....i looked up orange chromide and i dont think that its the fish....the guy at the store said that they were "orange rams" and i said that ive never seen those before,his reply was that hes never seen them either so thats why he got them.....they do look and act like BR's , except for the fact that they are orange.....
Those fish are like dogs, they stare at you beggin to be taken home...oh well...if they are dyed then im not gonna buy them....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….