• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not sure on this guy

ncognto

Sold as Agassizii double red which I am fairly certain he isnt.Was thinking possibly Tefe due to the tail markings?He and his female have bred sucessfully but they are in a heavily planted 40 breeder with tetras and dorsigera so I dont have much hope for fry surviving.

Ekona

5 Year Member
Neat looking aggie. what is the 'scoop' on them - wild, lfs, etc.? Thanks for sharing the pics.

ncognto

It was a LFS.Not sure where they got them if it was a supplier or local breeder.They dont usually carry apistos so I was surprised to see them.I thnk they were $9 each and I got the only male left plus two females.He ignored the second female so I returned her and just kept the pair.I may try to siphon out some fry to raise if the opportunity presents itself but not going to tear the tank apart to get at them.Its heavily planted with lots of mulm and they seem to be fairly good parents so who knows.I did see free swimmers for a few days but they have since disappeared.

ncognto

By the way he was much bluer with no yellow before they bred.The pearl blue and white stripes in the tail were why I was thinking it might be tefe.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I bought a very similar coloured Apistogramma agassizii in the UK earlier in the year. They were cheap for the UK (I bought 4 for £20 as sub-adults). The LFS owner wasn't sure whether they were wild or tank bred, but if they were commercial tank bred they were Czech.

cheers Darrel

Ekona

5 Year Member
Thanks for the info. The ones pictured look pretty good - scales, color and form all look good. If wild great! If Czech - they have a nice looking strain ;). ncognto, are you in the U.S.?

ncognto

Figured I would throw in a pic from my other male.His female has had eggs a couple of times but no fry yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loscide

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….