• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEW TANK 120GAL :O

Aviant

Hey guys, I'm back from a long time away from here. I've recently stumbled upon a huge 100-120 gallon aquarium for free. It comes with a stand and a cover.

I'm going to be setting it up soon, the last owners have given me a nice amount of small/fine rocks for a substrate and some driftwood/stones with caves.

I'm thinking - Why not make this into an apisto tank?

But I have no idea how many I can keep in there with other fish.

I currently have 2 pairs of 'Blue Steel', A Sparkling Gourami, a dwarf honey gourami, some really unique looking goby's, and 2 albino bushynose pleco's.

I'm just wondering, based off your guys' experience - what fish would be cool to add into this 100-120gal tank?

I'm looking to breed them (all fish) so I'll likely get pairs.

Anything cool, and dwarf like are a huge plus! Just love the tiny fish lol.

henkh

5 Year Member
In the past i had a large group of A. Gossei in a 150 gallon tank together with a group of Guianacara Owroewefi and some Mesonauta. In the tank lots of wood. This went very well. The group was at least 25 species. I can assure you it's wonderful to see the group moving trough the tank. Sometimes the group fell in two or three. If you like it you can see the tank on youtube:
Movie is made by a friend of my tank.

I later sold the tank. It was 3meter long but only 40cm width and i didnt like that.

So if you have the opportunity, take a large group of an apisto species. Wonderrfull behavior!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….