• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New apistos ????

mervin

5 Year Member
greetings all !

just got news in here that a new shipment of fishes are coming in.
the list consists of Apistos .sp.Harlequin, sp.Alertini, sp.Apache and sp. Galaxis.

i have never heard of these fishes......could someone please enlighten me...

thanks a million !!!
Mervin
Sunny Singapore

farm41

5 Year Member
yes, similar, but not the same fish. I believe the harlequin does not have the dorsal extensions that that male Inca has.

mervin

5 Year Member
oh......thanks all !!!

r there any more differences ?

cos in Singapore, there is a "flood" of incas recently.......
just not too sure wht is wht.

:oops:

Rolo

5 Year Member
mervin said:
just got news in here that a new shipment of fishes are coming in.
the list consists of Apistos .sp.Harlequin, sp.Alertini, sp.Apache and sp. Galaxis.

Hi Mervin,

A. sp. "Albertini" could be a name for Ap. eunotus "Schwanzstreifen", as far as I could figure out.

A. sp. "Apache" should be another name for Ap. sp. "Masken", a species from the regani complex, often identified wrong as Ap. cruzi.

A. sp. "Galaxis" should be Ap. sp. "Papagei" (papagallo). Don't buy them, you already have them ;-)

Ap. sp. "Harlequin" is a valid name for a new species from Peru.
Gitta is right, that on her link only the second and third picture from right are Harlquins. The third from left, which is also titled Harlequin, seems to be Ap. sp. "Zwilling" (twin). Another new species from Peru, which was collected at nearly the same time like the Harlequins (while searching the Inka)
Ap. sp. "Harlequin" is a polychromatic species. Look at my picture of the male and compare it with the picture on Gittas link, especially have a look at the orange parts in the fins.

ap_harlekin_m3.jpg

ap_harlekin_w3.jpg

greetings,
Rolo

mervin

5 Year Member
thank you very very much for all your help there Gitta n Rolo !!!!

extremely gratefull !!!!!

mervin
Singapore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….