• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need identification of apistogramma

cdawson

5 Year Member
I just go these guys, I asked for 2 fem. and a male. He had them listed as A juruensis. However, after letting them get adjusted to the new surroundings their colours are comming out and it looks like I may have all males. I looked into how to sex them and it looks like I have a completely different species than they were listed as.
The pictures aren't the best, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://fishinthe.net/html/forum/viewtopic.php?p=125623#125623[/img]

Rolo

5 Year Member
You should read the answers given there...

On these pictures you are able to identify a FISH, not more ;)

greetings,
Rolo

cdawson

5 Year Member
I posted some better pics, it's not exactly easy trying to take pictures of shy, adolescent apistogrammas in a natural setting.

Rolo

5 Year Member
better???

I'm sorry.... but I still can see only a very small, unsharp fish ;-)

I know, it's not easy to make pictures. But with these kind of pictures it's not called "identifying" what we can do..... it's called "wild guesses".

greetings,
Rolo

cdawson

5 Year Member
They were listed as juruensis, but they look nothing like it. I've looked all over the net and I'm 99.9% sure it's Eunotus. I'll try and take some more pictures later to clarify with some of you.

Zapisto

5 Year Member
i am agree with rolo.

and i know what you are asaying, i am a very poor fotograph and have the same probleme some time :)

but take your time and try try and try again , you will get one shot who correct.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….