• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Tanks (update: Aug 07)

blueblue

5 Year Member
I have restructured my tanks and here are photos of some of them ^.^

I finally moved all apisto breeding tanks into a new fish room:
my_tank_update1_941.jpg

Some planted apisto tanks
my_tank_update2_275.jpg

There is also an L46 breeding tank
my_tank_update3_184.jpg

my_tank_update4_844.jpg

peterK

5 Year Member
Oh blueblue, I've waiting to see update of your tanks for so long:biggrin:
Now they look much smarter. What I see also is, that you put much more plants into your aquariums, so Apistos have more hideouts. That's nice!
The Zebras tanks are nice as well ^.^
By the way, I'd like to see Adoketas tanks. Are there any updates in their tanks?:biggrin:

EDIT: What is the bottom surface of your Zebras tanks? :)

blueblue

5 Year Member
Thanks much :)

1. Well, here is an updated photo of my wildcaught male adoketa
and the tank:
ado6a_131.jpg

2. For the zebra pleco, the tank is bare-bottom and the pattern is just the surface of the paper placed between the tank and the desk.

Oh blueblue, I've waiting to see update of your tanks for so long:biggrin:
Now they look much smarter. What I see also is, that you put much more plants into your aquariums, so Apistos have more hideouts. That's nice!
The Zebras tanks are nice as well ^.^
By the way, I'd like to see Adoketas tanks. Are there any updates in their tanks?

EDIT: What is the bottom surface of your Zebras tanks?

blueblue

5 Year Member
BB, Where do you grow the fry to sell able size? They look neat. I will post my sets pic once it looks tidier :\

Thanks beleg. Hmm, i have some fry raising tanks not shown in the photos. They are a kind of ad-hoc and so look less tidy ^.^

peterK

5 Year Member
Female is even more beautiful than the male ^^ And she looks like a bumble-bee, hehe:wink:

blueblue

5 Year Member
Female is even more beautiful than the male ^^ And she looks like a bumble-bee, hehe:wink:
hahaa, good description ^.^ by the way, during the breeding mood, the male's face will turn sharp red which is very attractive :)

blueblue

5 Year Member
A very crowded community tank of all kinds of apistos, F1, and i. adoketa F1, the substrate is eheim's bio-ball, and there is an external filter of Eheim and a Sera's sponge filter.

mixapisto2_197.jpg

cacatuoides

5 Year Member
Does your apistos chase each other around? is the simple setup able to provide them space to hide or something?

What I'm facing is my male is always chasing the female and I tend to add more "furniture" inside the tank to create more "hiding places", is it all necessary to do so?

blueblue

5 Year Member
Does your apistos chase each other around? is the simple setup able to provide them space to hide or something?

What I'm facing is my male is always chasing the female and I tend to add more "furniture" inside the tank to create more "hiding places", is it all necessary to do so?

Adding more furniture always helps. On the other hand, if you have a lot of fish in a crowded tank, fighting is a smaller problem :)

blueblue

5 Year Member
For a pair in a 2ft tank, would you suggest less or more furniture?

Thank you blueblue....:biggrin:

hmm, if it is just a pair... i would recommend a small amount of furniture only... this size is good enough for a pair of any apisto (but may not be enough for adoketa)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….