• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My First Apistos (pictures)

madpiano

5 Year Member
Hello,

Finally managed to track down some Agassizi. Added them to the tank yesterday. Today they are out and about. Lovely little fish, allthough still very small (smaller than a male cherry barb).

Here is some pictures. Enjoy !

PS.: what kind of Agassizi are they ? And do I definitley have a male and a female ?

The Female:
medium.jpg

The Male:
medium.jpg

The Female and a cherry Barb:
medium.jpg

Cheers
Mad

aspen

5 Year Member
they look like flametail aggies to me.

>>'And do I definitley have a male and a female ?'

yes, and the female is showing a nice yellow too. i've never kept barbs due to their agressive nature. watch the fins on your new fish. barbs like to nibble fish fins.

rick

fishboy20

5 Year Member
Cherry Barbs are pretty laid back, non-agressive. They act more like a rasbora or tetra then a barb. They should be fine with the agassizi unless they try to spawn. Then it could possible eat the juvenile fish. You certainly have a pair. Female is obviously the yellow one, male looks like it has some nice color coming out. The strain is also known as Double Red as far as I know. I nice easy apisto, good luck!

madpiano

5 Year Member
Hello

Thanks for your answers. My Babrs are fine. They generally keep themselves to themselves. I got cherry babrs, because they look great and they are peaceful. They should also be fast enough to run away in case the Apistos chase them.
Funny thing is, that the Apistos display to the barbs....
I will post some more pictures, when the Apistos are a bit bigger.

madpiano

5 Year Member
This pair I got from Maidenhead Aquatics in Morden.
Wholesale Tropicals in Bethnal Green has some in as well, but they are really tiny at the moment. He wouldn't sell them as a guaranteed pair yet.

fishgeek

Hope your fish do well , i have reservations about some experiences with fish from there
Does the bethnal green shop have much variety ? in the dwarf side of things?

Andrew

madpiano

5 Year Member
Bethnal Green hasn't got an awful lot of Dwarf Cichlids (at least last time I was there), but I am going again on Friday, then I can tell you more.

If you are after Cories on the other hand, it is THE place to go. Loads of different varieties, all sizes (from baby to fully grown). They generally seem to have a lot of choice, and the tanks looked immaculate.

Not sure which shop you mean regarding not being too happy with the fish. Morden isn't bad. They have good days and bad days. Most of our fish are from there and in general I have been very happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJM_Aquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….