• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

More combo meters and such...

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D

The store will be getting a few more Combo Meters this week, and should be available by Friday. We are also getting calibrating solutions in 230mL bottles.

I have had some requests to offer solutions not is sachets. I looked into the pricing and asked a few questions regarding shelf life and such.

Unopened bottles and sachets have a shelf life of 2 years. Opened bottles are only good for a year (calibration solutions). A sachet has 20 mL of solution. A 230 mL bottle is basically 10 sachets, if you measure out 20 mL each time. I need to see how shipping affects the price on the bottles before I quote an exact price, BUT 230 mL bottles should be about $12, and 460 mL bottles should be about $18.00.

We are also getting cleaning solution and storage solution in bottles. Shelf life is not as much of an issue with those products. They are also the same price as the calibration solutions.

IN MY OPINION.... I am going to stick to using sachets to calibrate. They are a lot more convenient than measuring from a bottle for me. I do not have to worry about contamination of the solution, or contamination of the container I am using to calibrate. I seem to be calibrating once every 3 weeks or so (and I use it every day). At that rate a box of 25 sachets ($25) will last a year. A 460 mL bottle ($18) saves $6, but I have to worry about contamination.

I will be using the storage solution. I have been using pH 7.01 calibration solution from a sachet. The Hanna techie says that the storage solution is basically just 7.01 calibration solution...but contamination is not an issue, so I am going get a bottle of storage solution. I have been keeping an open sachet and using a dropper pipette to get some for the pH electrode well in the meter cap. I bottle seems like it will be easier.

Neil

Will the meters be the same price? I love mine. But I will say that I think that I might rather have the bottles of the solution instead of the sachets.
Neil

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D
No price changes on the meters. We got halfway to their next price break on this last order though. If the meters continue to sell well we might be able to order enough to drop the price about 5%-8% on the Hanna Intruments products across the board... no promises though. We would need to buy $2000 worth of product at one time to do that...

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)
The new Hanna Instruments order is in. Great news... the 460mL bottles of solutions are cheaper than expected. They will be $16.00. They were out of pH 7.01 solution in 460 mL bottles, so they sold us 230 mL bottles at the 460 mL price. If you order the 7.01 you will get two 230 mL bottles. That is cool because of the open bottle shelf-life issue.

We have ph 7.01, pH 4.01, 1413 EC solution, general cleaning solution and storage solution.

We also have 4 new combo meters.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)
I have been asked to put together a 'total package' on the combo meter and solutions. Here is what we are going to do:

Meter Package 1 - $200 includes:
- combo meter
- 460 mL bottle of each calibration solution (3)
- 460 mL bottle of cleaning solution
- 460 mL bottle of storage solution
This is a $10 savings... more than covers shipping.

Meter Package 2 - $220 includes
- combo meter
- 25 sachets of each calibration solution (3)
This is a $17 savings

Solution Package 1 - $70 includes
- 460 mL bottle of each calibration solution (3)
This is a $10 savings

Solution Package 2 - $90 includes
- 25 sachets of each calibration solution (3)
This is a $17 savings

Currently we only have 6 bottles of each solution and 4 meters. If demand is high I will put another order in post haste.

Please e-mail me if you want any... [email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….