• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male or Female cacatuoides?

mogh5

Please help sexing my cacatuoides. Was sold as a M and F pair.

Attachments

• IMG_6740.jpeg
    IMG_6740.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6738.jpeg
    IMG_6738.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6731.jpeg
    IMG_6731.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59

MacZ

They are too young and in stress colouration. Plus the pictures are not good. Sorry, no chance to say something definitive.

mogh5

They are too young and in stress colouration. Plus the pictures are not good. Sorry, no chance to say something definitive.
Thanks for the reply!
almost all the reply i get from fb telling me they are both F but I really do hope they are just young and couldn’t tell yet

MacZ

I'll put it this way: Anyone who says they are able to sex them from these pictures is either overconfident or lying to you.

And FB is not a source of reliable information. Period. (Says the person that boycotts the site for almost 20 years/since its beginning now.)

mogh5

I'll put it this way: Anyone who says they are able to sex them from these pictures is either overconfident or lying to you.

And FB is not a source of reliable information. Period. (Says the person that boycotts the site for almost 20 years/since its beginning now.)
Appreciate the reply
Safe to say even the lfs could be wrong on the sex.
I went back to the LFS to get them verified and they were kind enough to allow me to change to another pair which are more obvious to tell apart. However there were no more caca pair and I settle with a pair of tefe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….