• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Led lighting for fresh water plant

Garret

I don't have to much experience with it but yes it should. As long as you have the right balance of kelvin spikes you should be good. MarineLand brand uses LEDs in almost ll of their aquaruim kits

edwliang

5 Year Member
I don't have to much experience with it but yes it should. As long as you have the right balance of kelvin spikes you should be good. MarineLand brand uses LEDs in almost ll of their aquaruim kits
i tried, 10000 kelvin. it works. indeed, it is very good to the plants. everything looks so clear in the water.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
10,000 is bright, but it ussualy does not provide the right spectrum for plants. LED for plants is getting better. Several companies are offering 6500-6700K options (much better for plants). Aqueon (in the USA) now has a new LED product that is nice because the fixtures have the options to change out the LED lights, or add more, in the right color combinations. The actual LED lights are 'tubes' about the size of a T5 that are being sold at a price point about the same as a HO T5 florescent tube. I have seen them for sale at (amazingly) PetSmart. I am still waiting to get my hands on one to play with...

Tahacan96

Hi, I use smd led 33w 6500kelvin 1800 lümen lighting for hemianthus Cuba. My tank size 50.40.30h. I haven't finished decor. İ have dıy co2 system
And i need background plant.What can i do ?

Attachments

• IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 740
  • IMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_1193.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 667

Mongbean

all you need to make sure is you don't buy a led light with a narrow spectrum.
For example plants like Amazon Sword requires light from all the colour spectrum's.
Led lights are the way of the future and last much longer then fluro lights.
Kelvins are important as well but you must get the balance between the two.
It's not hard to get it right though 10k's is the norm for standard growth and is simple to find when looking into led lighting.

Mongbean

Hi, I use smd led 33w 6500kelvin 1800 lümen lighting for hemianthus Cuba. My tank size 50.40.30h. I haven't finished decor. İ have dıy co2 system
And i need background plant.What can i do ?

There is a wealth of options for you. You will have to do your research on this one as plants are of personal preference.
If you understand how much light you have in your tank then you can understand what plants you are able to put into the tank.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….