• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Keyhole Cichlids *New Pics*

crimsonrain

5 Year Member
Hers a picture of my 3" keyhole cichlid:
DSC00807.JPG

Randall

5 Year Member
Cleithracara maronii Photo

Hello Crimsonrain,

Beautiful photo and beautiful fish! Please share another one with us when your fish is 4"!

All the best,

Randall Kohn

crimsonrain

5 Year Member
Will do! He/she is getting so big! the other one is a bit smaller, Im hoping that means male and female becuase they are the same age. from the photo, can you tell yet which sex this fish is?what size do they reach sexual maturity?

aspen

5 Year Member
i believe that you have a female there. (trailing dorsal and anal fins are not very big) that fish is ready to spawn with the right partner, as far as age is concerned.

rick

Apistt_ed

Many times, the general rule of the longer finnage does work but in the case of keyholes, they do not always stick to that rule. the rule of size isn't as reliable either. By shere luck, I had picked up my two on the rule and they were a true pair. your's are a little too young to really positively sex them but to me, they do look like a pair to me. It's just my guess though... the one on top does look like a male to me though. once they get a little bigger, if the smaller one developes long trailing fins, he would be a male also, but now it looks like a female. good luck

crimsonrain

5 Year Member
keep your fingers crossed! :D
The top one has developed more pointy trails on both fins now the smaller ones fins are getting bigger but not pointier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….