• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Intro of 2 Apisto's with Keyholes and Bolivian Rams, would it work?

Glasgowa

5 Year Member
Hi

I have a 220 litre tank (set up since Jan 07) with the following fish:
4 Cleithracara Maronii
4 Mikrogeophagus Altispinosus
1 Otocinclus Flexilis
3 Otocinclus Arnoldi
2 Crossocheilus siamensis
13 Paracheirodon axelrodi
5 Nannostomus unifasciatus/eques (diptail)
3 Panaque Maccus
1 Corydoras julii

I am really keen to get 2 Agassizi's or Borellii for my tank but don't want to over populate with territory issues. Do you think the introduction of 2 Apisto's would work or not?

Cheers

Andrew

Sil

5 Year Member
Hi Andrew,
Do you think the introduction of 2 Apisto's would work or not?
I don't know the area of the bottom (110x50[x40], 150x40[x35] ?), but I think that you can add a pair or 1+2 of A. borelli without any danger. They would rather occupy the bottom parts of the tank while Cleithracara Maronii or Mikrogeophagus Altispinosus are as well middle-tank dwellers.
Cheers,
Chris

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….